Monday, June 27, 2005

Living dangerously

Don't ever think too hard about who has been there before you. It does you no good.

I walked out of the shower, towelling off, and sat down to check my email in my birthday suit. As I sat in the hotel chair, the thought struck me - how many OTHER people have done the same thing ? For that matter, what manner of OTHER things have those people done in this room ?

Of course, in a world populated by playboy bunnies and swimsuit models, this thought could have some appeal. In the context of my hotel room, my mind flashed back to some of the less desirable patrons that I'd seen at check-in. I could envision the room fluorescing under Grissom's magic blue light,

I'm not generally someone who gives a lot of thought to things like this. I don't paper my toilet seat to avoid contracting some nasty disease. I go way longer than the 5 second rule permits, and *gasp* I don't wash my hand every time I touch a door knob. For some reason, the slight stickness of the fabric on the chair gave me pause for concern this time.

I stood up.

Quickly.

No comments: