We have a new sitter. For anyone who isn't a parent, it's hard to understand how important it is to have a good babysitter. I can't speak for everyone, but for my wife and I, getting out sans kids is not just nice, it's critical. I think investing in your relationship, maintaining it and each other is just as important as anything else you can do for your child.
Our new sitter kicks butt. The kids love her. They listen to her. She even cleans up the mess of toys at the end of the day and gets them to bed on time.
Life is good.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a sad and odd note, I went to a town meeting last night. A man stood up to make an impassioned comment regarding a road construction project here in town, sat back down in his seat and promptly had a heart attack. A few of us rushed to his aid, giving CPR, calling for the ambulance etc. I don't know if he made it. Let's hope. You think that you'll never need CPR, never see someone have a heart attack. You just might. I cannot imagine for a second how I'd feel if it was someone I knew and loved.
Life can be hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment