I love my kids. I do.
Being a Dad can be so conflicting sometimes. On the one hand, you want to savour every last little nanosecond of your childs fascinating development from birth to adulthood. On the other hand, you just want them to GROW UP.
I get a trifle put out when people tell me that 'Oh, just you wait - it doesn't get any easier when they get older'. You've got to be f@$#ing kidding me. Don't get me wrong - I understand that preteens and teenagers can be a bit testy, but compared to a 2 and 4 year old ?
I'm clinging to the belief that there will come a time (soon, please Lord) that my kids can communicate without screaming, stay out of each others stuff, sleep later than we do, perform all of their own toilet duties, eat without throwing the food or screaming, listen to reasoned argument and so many more.
Don't you ever wish that kids came with a 'pause' button ?
No comments:
Post a Comment