Jolly well done to Lord Coe, Becks and Blair for bringing home the bacon. Makes me proud that the Olympics will be coming to Old London Town. There's a big tent that didn't get much use during the millenium that might be of some use.
Of course, I'd like to think that Chirac being a smug bugger about French food and French contributions to Europe had something to do with France getting passed over. There's nothing better than getting one over on our cousins across the channel.
I'm going to suggest - put it out there, if you will - that someone consider bidding to host the Tour De France. I mean, the French have had it for a bloody long time and now it's someone else's turn. How about Poland ? Sweden ? Bulgaria ? Plenty of nations in Europe with lots of old buildings, good wine and bicycles. In the spirit of goodwill, maybe it's time for the Tour D'Iraq ?
No comments:
Post a Comment