Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Just call me dusty

I saw. I cut. I sand. I nail. I screw. I saw some more. Repeat. You get the idea.

I live in a whirlwind of sawdust, toolbelt bulging and power tools whining. I AM Home Improvement Man. Grrrr.

Oddly, it seems that although I am busy as a beaver and more handy than Andy from dusk 'til dawn, I still feel unproductive. Either I'm a perfectionist (quite possible), really shit at this stuff (don't think so, but then I'm bragging) or everything just takes a really long time. Five days of working, working, working.

I thought I'd have tons of time. I made long lists of things, just like Greavsie, and was prepared for a reveal to rival Changing Rooms or Extreme Makeover Home Edition when the missus returns.

It'll be more likely that she'll smile sweetly and mumble something along the lines of 'that's really nice dear', while thinking 'that's ALL you did in 5 days ?'.

Better get back to work. I hope my neighbors don't mind the nailgun at this time of night.

No comments: