Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sleepy epic

I generally take the opinion of movie critics with more than a generous pinch of salt, since I feel that they're jaded by watching too many bad films and have standards that may be higher than mine. If anything I tend to seek out the audience's take on a flick (usefully provided by many movie sites).

There are times, though, when the critics are 100% absolutely, positively right.

'Alexander' is one such cinematic cow pat.

Despite the impressive cast and directorial credentials, lashings of special effects and a semi true story of adventure it was an impossibly long, tediously dull experience. I actually walked away after about an hour and a half, had a drink and a nibble, browsed the web, read a few blogs and came back hoping for it to be over. It wasn't. I suffered as long as I could before realizing that it just wasn't worth staying awake for, turned it off and went to bed.

I don't see my job as that of telling people what to listen to or watch, but heed these words - DO NOT WATCH THIS FILM. RUN AWAY. Watch 'Antiques Roadshow' instead.

1 comment:

MB said...

Can I add Aragon's latest film "A History of Violence" to that list?