So, I gave in.
For the first time EVER, I have allowed another carpenter (dare I say a PROFESSIONAL Carpenter) to work on my house.
I think I've just reached the point where I really want stuff to get finished, and I'm tired of doing it myself. I made a valiant effort with the porch - I got the thing 80% done before snow and had a roof on. I spent countless days nailing and finishing the floor. I spent cold days up ladders nailing on trim.
I have exceeded my personal budget of enthusiasm, and when the opportunity arose for a friend of mine who is a carpenter to spend some time on it, I gave in.
Now, I can safely say that there is NOTHING quite so nice as sitting on the couch and hearing the sounds of someone else sawing, nailing and banging away.
Still, I'd better not get used to it. My wallet can't take this kind of luxury for too long....
No comments:
Post a Comment