Monday, December 19, 2005

It can't be this easy...

I am feeling no stress. Not even the tiniest little bit.

Which makes me worried. Normally around this time of year, I'm feeling harried and hurried preparing for Christmas. Not that I personally have a LOT to do, you understand, just that I have a tendency to be a bit of a procrastinator.

I think two major factors could be involved in this unusual pre holiday serenity. Firstly, I only have one person to shop for - my wife. She in turn buys gifts for the other 300 people on her list. ("Oh, but you HAVE to buy a gift for that nice man that dropped off our refrigerator two years ago - he was sooo helpful"). Secondly, we moved to Vermont. I don't mean to indicate some kind of Bermuda Triangle calming effect, but since we are a bit farther from a large variety of shops, you tend to either plan ahead or shop online (which mostly also requires planning ahead).

All of the other sundry Christmassy things appear to have fallen in line, and I can't thing of anything I should be worried about. Not a thing. Did I MISS something ? It just can't be this easy.

Incidentally, gift shopping for my super spouse was completed before the month of December even began. Now THAT'S organization !

No comments: