Sunday, April 10, 2005

About the author

Some things you may want to know about me. If not now, for later reference, when composing flames or complaints.

-I live in a small town in Vermont. We have zero traffic lights, but two Fire Stations.
-I'm blessed with a top notch wife, a daughter (4) and a son (2). Hereinafter referred to as number one daughter and number one son.
-I do not own a dog. Or a gun.
-I am English, though to hear me talk you wouldn't think it. It's not my fault that my accent got lost. What am I supposed to do ? Elecution lessons ? 'The Rain In Spain Falls Mainly On The Plain' ?
-I am an on call Firefighter. That means I have a job, but when things catch fire I drop everything, speed through town (carefully) and play at being a Firefighter for a while. It's great fun and you get to wear all the cool fireman stuff and ride around in fire trucks (or engines for those British readers).
-Winter is very cold here. No, I mean cold. Forget your pansy ass cold, this is real cold. Most thermometers sold in English shops don't go that low. Nothing growing up on a damp island prepared me for living in such fridgid locales.
-Summer is very nice here. Though short.
-I drive a Land Rover. It's a cool car, and I get to put red flashing lights on it (see above). How neat is that ?
-I am tall. That means I bang my head a lot, which hurts.
-I own a TiVo (R). This thing changed my life. If you don't have one, buy one. NOW.
-

No comments: